A tattoo used to be permanent but now you have the option of tattoo removal. Our Q switched Nd:Yag laser is designed specifically for tattoo removal.
The laser beam penetrates into the skin targeting the pigment, causing it to break into tiny fragments that are ingested and cleared by your immune cells over several weeks to months.
To give you an idea of what to expect we offer a free initial consultation.
- Most tattoos require 5 to 15 treatments.Amateur tattoos respond most rapidly.
- Tattoos on lighter skin respond faster; more treatments may be needed on darker skin.
- Dark inks fade the fastest.
- More treatments may be needed in newer tattoos, especially those containing white, yellow, or fluorescent inks.
- The sensation associated with tattoo removal feels like the snap of a rubber band against your skin.
Ask us about numbing creams and injections that can be used to make the procedure a more pleasant experience.
Side effects from tattoo removal include incomplete removal, rare darkening of some pigments (especially pigments that contain iron), scarring, hypopigmentation (lighter spots), and hyperpigmentation (darker spots).There will almost always be a faint scar where tattoo was located.
The tattoo removal procedure may be repeated every 6 to 8 weeks.After treatment we will advise you to rest, apply ice to the treated area, elevate the area when appropriate, and to avoid the sun.Topical antibiotic ointment should be applied to the site for a week if the procedure produces any blisters or breaks in the skin.
Fees for tattoo removal depend upon the size of the tattoo. We will estimate the cost at your free consultation.And it may be more affordable than you think!